Top 6 Health Facts of coffee
1. Americans get more antioxidants from coffee than anything else.
Coffee is one of the highest sources of antioxidants in the American diet. A Harvard study from 2005 found that coffee contains higher levels of antioxidants than the majority of fruits and vegetables present in the typical North American diet.
2. Coffee can make you feel happier and less stressed.
Coffee acts as a mild antidepressant by aiding in the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline. Researchers at the Seoul National University, examined the brains of rats who were stressed with sleep deprivation and discovered that just the smell of coffee helped to reduce it.
3. Coffee can make you a better athlete.
Caffeine increases the number of fatty acids in the bloodstream, which allows athletes’ muscles to absorb and burn those fats for fuel, therefore saving the body’s small reserves of carbohydrates for later on in the exercise. A study in the journal Cell Metabolism found that caffeine actually had a similar effect to our DNA molecules in our muscles as exercise. The study looked specifically at DNA changes of muscles in sedentary individuals and found that positive effects from coffee were similar to effects derived from exercise. The chlorogenic acid present in coffee is also linked to lowering glucose absorption; ensuring sugar is flushed out of the body.
4. Coffee may make you more intelligent.
The caffeine in coffee will improve: reaction time, vigilance, attention, logical reasoning — most of the complex functions we associate with intelligence. Caffeine’s primary mechanism in the brain is blocking the effects of an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine, which can cause increases in neuronal firing in the brain. Studies also show that as little as two cups can actually strengthen your long- and short-term memory.
5. Coffee May Decrease Your Risk of Dying
In two very large prospective epidemiological studies, drinking coffee was associated with a lower risk of death by all causes.
- Heart Disease (up to 25% reduction in mortality risk (for women))
- Diabetes (up to 60% reduced risk)
- Dementia (up to 65% reduced risk)
- Colon Cancer (up to 25% reduced risk)
- Cirrhosis (up to 80% reduced risk)
- Gallstones (almost 50% reduced risk)
- Parkinson’s Disease (up to 80% reduced risk – probably because of caffeine)
- Headache Relief (because of the caffeine)
- Asthma Relief (caffeine again)
6. Anti-aging Properties
The grounds can be used topically to refresh your skin and also to help reduce cellulite. Due to its high antioxidant content, coffee is also a great weapon for fighting against wrinkles.
If you have a topic that you would like to see, please leave a comment.
DRINK STRONG COFFEE!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11798161/?claim=qmf2uqvt3tt”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>